Monday, July 30, 2012

Spotify vs Pandora - The Epic Battle of free radio


Let us thank our founding fathers for the free market which led us to this day.

Spotify and Pandora's free streaming radio are state of the art programming with beautiful interfaces bringing music to what I feel are two different markets.

Spotify seems to focuses on the music "Aficionado" with its common playback of  Deep Tracks that allow for variety and depth of artists you usually do not hear on the radio.  Whether this is intentional, I have no idea, but I am sure there is an audience who love's this aspect of the free internet radio.

Pandora seems focused more on listeners like myself who enjoy the somewhat mundane pop music culture of only listening to an artists most popular songs.  Obviously this is a generational of what songs I receive when searching for certain artists but after a months of listening, this is the "unofficial" trend I have found.

I have not used the paid version for either of these apps and do not mind sacrificing my ears to advertisements in order to keep my wallet from deflating.

Overall, I give them both a perfect "10" depending on your taste of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment